My new record was released worldwide today. Have a listen below or buy it here.
Para quem estiver no Brasil, pode baixar o meu disco novo GRATUITAMENTE – por favor, compartilhe! Para baixar -
1) curte a página.
2) clique no “baixa quilombo do futuro.”
3) do lado direito: “free” e um carrinho de supermercado.
vc clica em free aparece um outro login para vc fazer.
faça esse login, permita que o aplicativo acesse seu facebook e baixe.
The first video clip from the forthcoming album Quilombo do Futuro (out on May 22 – Quilombo do Futuro Remixed out on May 29) just premiered on Remezcla last week! Free download of the track below.
This is a mix I did as for Automation Records for their donation to our Beyond Digital project back in June. File under heavy, hard, experimental, electronic with nasty bits of noise and many different languages, but, oh! then there’s a mellow moment (must be El Remolon!)…..and so on. a few exclusive tracks too. Feel free to blog and distribute freely. Big, big, BIG UP to Jeremiah from Automation Records for his donations not only to Beyond Digital, but also to Quilombo do Futuro!!
1. Automation – DJ Sobrino
2. Track 5 – Unknown Artist
3. Killer Sound (Heavy Feet Remix) – Zinc
4. Kuduro Caliente – Prophex
5. Monolith – Migrant
6. Rub-A-Dub Bounce – DJ Flack
7. Atoanagaroa – Rodrigo Brandão
8. Gwababa (schlachthof Bronx Remix) – Spoek Mathambo
9. Bhangra Dance (Zeder Remix) – Zombies for Money
10. Eloy vs. Mbz – Villa Diamante
11. Aonde está Meu Outro Par de Sandalia Havaiana – DuSouto
12. Mikono Kweney Hewa – Muthoni the Drummer Queen
13. Samborigeno (Maga Bo Remix feat. Funkero) – DJ Farrapo
14. Ransom (Fletcher’s Deepest Darkest Dub) – Maga Bo
15. Red Skin Girl (ATCR Remix) – A Tribe Called Red
16. Black History Month – Saul Williams
17. Coragem – Unknown Artist
18. Skunky – Kanka
19. samba reggae break
20. Bills – Bird Peterson
21. El Mudo (Santos Tijuanero Remix) – unknown artist
22. Nwampfundla – Tshesha Boys
23. Amen Break
24. Rumbling Cork Screw – Otto Van Schirach
25. Systema Fobica (Ubaranamaralina) – BaianaSystem
26. Dem Can’t Stop We From Talk – Anthony B Meets Subatomic Sound System
27. NYC-2-Africa Dubstrumental – Subatomic Sound System & Nomadic Wax
28. La Cola Lex – El Remolon
29. Bonafidekilla (Aaron Spectre Remix) – Math Head
30. First Anal – Fury Project
31. Ta Violento – Javier Estrada & Boogat
32. El Cuco – Nerd Rage & Sluggo
33. The Beach Era (DJEF Mix) – El Remolon
34. Black Monday (Maga Bo Remix) – Teleseen
Total Time – 59:41
Chopped and cut at Casa de Jones, Brooklyn, NYC. Extra special thanks to Geko Jones for helping make this happen.
If the downloads are gone at the above link, you can find more here: http://official.fm/tracks/338273
I’m still running my Kickstarter project. Massive thanks to the over 100 donors! We’re now 51% funded! Still a ways to go – please help support the project by spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, email, carrier pigeon, spraypaint, shouting from your balcony, etc. Here’s the link again: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/comandodigital/maga-bo-quilombo-do-futuro-new-album-release
Blick asked me for samba, so I gave him samba……Released as a promo single by World Connection. Percussion by my homie João Hermeto. Recorded and mixed at Comando Digital, Rio de Janeiro 2011.
Far from being an exhaustive collection of Moroccan percussion loops, this is a small sampling of loops culled from my sessions at the Beyond Digital HQ in Casablanca with Krifart from the local band, Darga.
There is chaâbi, reggada and some hybrid rhythms. Bendir, calabash, darabuka kraqeb and taarija. Some are solid grooves or variations on grooves, some include fills or pickups.
Everything was recorded into Ableton Live using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface and an AKG 414 microphone. Not exactly a killer room with great pres and whatever, but we do what we can.
The names include the bpm – in 4/4 – some of these rhythms are in 6/8, but, here the bpms reflect the tempo on a 4/4 grid. The loops are dual mono, 16 bit, 44.1 khz and include the respective .asd Ableton Live files. 34MB
Performed by Krifart. Recorded by Maga Bo. Edited by Colin McSwiggen.
Please use these freely and abundantly. If you do release it somehow, please credit us and let us hear what you did!
Download it here.
Photo detail from Nek Chand’s Rock Garden in Chandigarh, India.
Maga Bo Remix of Fire It Up by Sub Swara feat. Lyrics Born. Additional percussion by João Hermeto.Produced and mixed at Comando Digital, Rio de Janeiro.
More downloads here.
Recorded and remixed in Dakar, Senegal a few years ago, this has been languishing in my digital drawer for too long….here it is for free download. As with many tracks, this was recorded not knowing exactly what it was for, where it would come out or whatever – we just knew that it needed to be done. Filastine originally made this riddim at my house in Rio de Janeiro and we thought that maybe it would become a Sonar Calibrado track. We recorded Mr. Catra on this riddim, but it didn’t work how we wanted, so it sat for a while and eventually he recorded with Ras Mario and Timedo Flow in Cuba, which came out on Burn It. Around the same time, I recorded this version with Wa BMG 44, which later was included on the sound track for the film Bul Deccone, but never released. Here it is – free download – play it out loud!
Wa BMG 44 with Maga Bo
They’ve since disbanded….the last time I met Manu was in Brussels, where he’d just moved. Fatim is still around doing her thing in Dakar. Matador came out with a solo album in 2007 and is still going strong.